Netflix & Chill
So, you’ve been invited over to their place for the first time to watch ‘a movie’, or for ‘coffee’, whatever you kids call it these days. Anyway, here's our top three rules for this Netflix and chill business…
1. Do not do the old ‘yawn, stretch and wrap your arm’ around her shoulder- Man, what century are we in. Surely you’re ballsy enough to get straight into a cuddle. And, if you are not, go for a cheeky hand on the leg. It’s actually much nicer and saves the chick getting neck ache. Yes, the arm wrap does equal neck ache… if you didn’t know check all the 40-year-olds that grew up with this move, they have permanent damage. Sorry, mum.
2. Do not pick a scary movie- Lame! This rule is as bad as the first. If this doesn’t scream hold me under the cover, I don’t know what will. Pick a good movie. Thanks to a recent date night, I recommend Pulp Fiction and as Mia says “That’s when you know you’ve found somebody special. When you can just shut the fuck up for a minute and comfortably enjoy the silence”.
3. Do not panic if the silence is awkward- Rule 3 runs off the back of my glorious quote. If this is the first date or even third, it’s bound to have a hint of awkward- even the chatterboxes of the world don’t always have something to say. However, if you’re knee deep in this new relationship and it’s awkward then you should probably ask yourself if you’ve been friend zoned?
Here are our top 3 ‘Netflix and chill’ movies, and until Netflix have their own category start here…
1. Forrest Gump – Life is like a box of chocolates. Oh, reminder don’t forget the chocolates. Yum.
2. American Beauty – Kevin Spacey, yes please.
3. They Came Together - You two could come together. What a pretty sight.