You're on Tinder
So, you are experiencing the power of online dating. What a life we lead… where you wake up, check your Facebook feed and swipe left or right (mostly left) to find a boyfriend, or sex, or who even knows what people are finding. Anyway as you know by now…
We’ve got three rules that you shouldn’t do when using tinder.
1. Do not waste your profile picture- It’s not the time to show off your hot topless body (ew), best friends, fave sunglasses or even your pet. We know it’s cute and it’ll always be your number one but come on. Show you and just you. Save us the effort of having to do the whole profile background check. Oh and ladies a little somethin’ somethin’ for you to remember…. He gets a left if he’s showing his chest and always right if he’s got some height.
2. Do not talk for more than 3 days without locking in a date- Look, the quicker you meet the better. You aren’t going to know them any more the longer you talk to them behind a screen… the only thing you’re gonna do is imagine she walks and talks like Margot Robbie and then you’ll be let down when you end up seeing Bridget Jones. So cut the online chat to a minimum.
3. Do not swipe someone without a bio- Okay this is super nitpicky and at the end of the day you’re going to swipe whoever you want BUT from experience (lots of experience) the ones who are truly interested in making the effort (I mean heading out, not just head) will tell you a bit about themselves. Quick tip: Keep it short and simple… oh, and funny.
Here's our top 3 go to opening lines when you've got a match... And please if you take nothing from this, try something other than 'how are you'.
1. "Bowling & Beers or Cheese & Wine" - We love this one, it's different and opens the conversation quickly. Also, whatever they pick you can use as your first date - cute. Oh and please don't come at me with I hate cheese so I cant use this. Firstly, you can write what the heck you want and secondly who doesn't like cheese- see ya!
2. For the guys: "If you could pick any flower what would it be?" - If you pick a chick who ain't the flower type. then at least you've opened the conversation, but... if a chick that tells ya what she likes take note and bring them to a date. So romantic.
3. For the ladies: Write anything. ANYTHING I say. Stop waiting for the guy to message first, in case you haven't looked out your window lately it's not the 1920s and we don't horse and cart to work. Take one for the team.