Shy Guys on First Dates
So, it’s your first date (or 100th first date), let’s be honest, shy guys get the dates- this is a fact. You have something about you that’s endearing, a sense of mystery, but it ends here, because you’ve started to blush when I ask how you are. Oops, too harsh? You’ll soon realise that we give no bullshit advice, so grab a pen and let’s get to business.
We’ve got three rules that you shy guys, shouldn’t do on your first date...(and don’t say you don’t do them already)
1. Do not 'wing' it- No chick wants to stand outside the main street umming and arrring of what each of you ‘feels’ like doing. This is being indecisive not spontaneous. Get to know the difference. If you’ve suggested the date, then the ball is in your court to make a date. That includes location.
2. Do not do dinner if you don’t drink alcohol- Chicks like a nerve settler, but they aren’t desperate enough to drink alone. So, if you don’t drink, plan a day date (Walk or ice-cream. You get the gist) where alcohol isn’t involved- this will stop the awkward ‘who is this guy, who only drinks water’ thoughts. Until you do dinner anyway. (But by then we probably won’t even give a shit) DISCLAIMER: Don't go gangbusters on me if you don't like advice number 2. We get it, drinking is bad for your health la la la... You moaning at us is exactly why you shouldn't do a dinner date. NEXT.
3. Do not overthink it- You’re unsure if you should hug, or kiss, or hug and kiss, or who knows but by now your cheeks are red and your palms are sweaty (There’s vomit on his sweater already) If it feels forced… it’ll feel forced. Most* chicks won’t judge you if there’s no action on the first date but keep this in mind- the sooner you get it over with the better- it’ll only get scarier. Boo!
Here's our top 3 shy guy dates bound to succeed...
1. 5 minute coffee date - If you've matched, bumbled or happn'd into each others devices by close proximity, suggest meeting up for 5 minutes during your lunch break or straight after work. Why? No pressure, cheap AF ($10), there's a time limit so if you hate each other (see ya!) BUT if the banter is good, and you like what you see... it'll take the stress off for date number 2.
2. Walk & Talk - Admit it, you get awkward making eye contact. For this one though have a few questions ready. You don't want to plan a walk & talk, if you aren't going to do any talking. LAME. Ps. If it's going well suggest sitting down or dipping your toes in the water.
3. Mini golf/Bowling/Arcade - If you've not been paid yet opt with option 1 or 2. But this is awesome for an 'alcohol free' night, it takes the pressure off, it's fun and you'll be relaxed in no time!